Youth in Export Programme Calls For Applications
The Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) hereby invites applications from interested persons for participation in Phase II of the Youth in Export Programme (YEP).
The programme is open to Ghanaian youth, particularly graduates of tertiary institutions who have a passion for Agriculture or Arts & Crafts to acquire on-the-job training with experienced and successful exporters in either of the two sectors for a period of six months after which the trainees would be provided with inputs to set up their own businesses and produce for exports.
YIEP is aimed at attracting the youth into the agricultural and arts & crafts sector with the view to creating more avenues for the youth to earn decent jobs while contributing to Ghana’s exports.
SELECTED PRODUCTS & COVERAGE AREAS
Selected agricultural products are pineapple, papaya, vegetables (chili, okra, aubergine) and sweet potato. Identified areas of training and production are:
- Eastern Region: Nsawam, Aburi, Suhum
- Central Region: Ekumfi
- Volta Region: Togorme, Kpando and Dzodze
Selected arts & craft products are beads, straw (bolga) baskets and leather products. Identified areas of training and production are:
- Greater Accra: Accra
- Eastern Region: Krobo Odumasi
Participants are required to include their full names, email addresses as well as a copy of a National ID in all submissions.
How to Apply for Youth in Export Programme
Applications must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Export Promotion Authority and submitted not later than Monday, 11th July 2022 to GEPA’s Head Office or any of its Regional Offices in the Eastern, Central and Volta regions.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or considered.
RULES OF ENTRY
- Must have a minimum of SSCE Certificate
- Must be between the ages of 18-35
- Must have a passion for farming or arts & crafts
- Must submit a business proposal on any of the products listed below in either the agriculture or arts & crafts sector.
- Must reside in or near the identified districts and towns where the programme is being implemented.