- Company: World Vision Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager II role is responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, moderate to high complex projects and Tier 2 project budget.
Individuals within the Project Management job family are responsible for the planning, development and implementation of project efforts.
They develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures. They are responsible for developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and information technology sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
Other responsibilities include the refinement of requirements, project coordination, development of plans and schedules, resource planning and estimation, and project maintenance.
Once a project is set in motion, individuals are expected to communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
Furthermore, they are responsible for managing the prioritization procedures for changing scope (i.e., change management) and project acceptance procedures.
Near the end of the project, they obtain feedback to ensure that project efforts meet customer expectations for contracted time, cost and performance.
Individuals serving in this role require proven skills in managing within a matrix organization.
They have excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate vision, mission, and goals to both business and IT audiences.
They have a sound understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives. Lastly, they are expected to provide the highest level of expertise in the application of the tools and techniques of the project management discipline.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Develops, and continually updates, project plans and schedules.
- Develops product breakdown structures.
- Identifies project dependencies prior to the start of the project.
- Works with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope.
- Facilitates the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables.
- Prepares all project management baseline products.
- Ensures that the project outcome reflects the goals of the client.
- Negotiates conflicts and resolves issues that arise.
- Acts as a mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams.
- Develops budget requests for resources.
- Works with resource managers in order to effectively align resources across projects.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Evaluates project performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Assists with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization.
- Describes technical or other issues that need to be considered and assists in the development of Statement of Work (SOWs).
- Determines if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan.
- Recruits and manages appropriate staffing resources.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Evaluates service provider performance.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Provides an issue escalation path and resolves vendor performance disputes.
- Identifies the elements of risk in a project.
- Analyzes and prioritizes project risks and assesses its potential impact to the client.
- Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk.
- Creates action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan.
- Maintains issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk.
- Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Estimates costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Develops a detailed cost baseline from cost estimations.
- Refines project cost estimates and confirms funding sources.
- Monitors and controls the actual cost of a project versus the budget.
- Reviews bills and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes.
- Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
Standards, Policies and Procedures:
- Utilizes established project standards, procedures.
- Contributes to the development of new quality metrics.
- Develops a communication plan to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5–7 years of IT work experience, including 2 or more years managing IT Projects projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- PMP Certification
- Prince 2 Certification
- ITIL 4 Certification4.
- Project Manager of Global or Regional Technology and Digital Solution projects.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Closing Date : 23 Dec. 2021