Wayoe Engineering and Constriction Limited New Job Offer
Wayoe Engineering and Constriction Limited (WEC), is one of the largest privately-owned Ghanaian engineering and construction company operating since the year 2000 with world-class capabilities and expertise spanning across the complete client value chain in the disciplines of Structural Steel Work, Mechanical Equipment, Electrical & Instrumentation, Piping & Plate- works project work.
WEC has accumulated experience in project delivery across sectors of operation for over 20 years and has become a household name in the engineering and construction industry across Africa.
The role is for Ghanaian citizens only.
The role of the Construction Site Manager is to manage his teams and equipment on-site to ensure that construction projects are meeting deadlines and being completed in a safe and timely manner with client satisfaction.
He will meet his client daily to get his approval, instructions, and satisfaction.
He must report all accurate information as progress, concerns, HR, forecast to his managers to Headquarter.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
To be successful in this role, personnel must consistently meet some KPIs that are regulated by senior management. This includes but is not limited to:
Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular quality inspections with sub-contractors.
Direct and supervise day-to-day operations of employees and sub-contractors ensuring the appliance of common operational procedures.
Ensure material requisitions are issued in time to achieve the Construction Program.
Schedule, control, and monitor all plants and materials daily.
Ensure all work is completed to the program.
Liaise with Contracts Manager or Project Manager, Site Manager/Agent, and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations, and confirmation of instructions.
Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety, and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s policy and compliance with OHSAS 18001 management system.
Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams, and neighbors as well as any other stakeholders.
Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects on the gateway to enable traceability.
Fulfill the role of Mentor as and when required.
Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimization and Management policy.
Fulfill company requirements undertaking all relevant training and development activities as required.
Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and products to enhance the business and fulfill company requirements.
Contribute to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
Report daily to the headquarter management
Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Relevant Tertiary/Trade Certificate in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field.
- 15 years experience in a similar or related role.
- Proven working experience in construction management in Oil and Gas or Mining.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods.
- Sound knowledge of steel welding, structure, civil works, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
Technical Skills Required:
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Managerial and other Skills Required:
- Using organizational skills to build successful teams for the completion of project tasks.
- Understanding welding, structure, civil works codes, safety guidelines, and regulations addressing construction projects.
- Supervising construction crews.
- Addressing safety and other worksite concerns and issues with laborers and foremen.
- Understanding how construction equipment works for inspection, operation, and maintenance of this equipment.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th December, 2021