Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
ROLE: Territory Manager, Ophiasare
The TM role is a key role assigned a designated territory to manage. He/she is responsible for managing the assigned territory, key distributor team to deliver their metrics. To lead the management of the distributor and with respect to infrastructure, process, and overall operations to ensure outstanding implementation channel-specific of brand/category and POP vision while ensuring agreed ROI and distribution objectives.
- Understand the impact of geographic, demographic factors on the retail environment and assess customer and channel attractiveness
- Carry out strategies formulated by the line manager in assigned area.
- Assist in the determination of channel priorities based on brand/channel objectives and implement action plans
- Interpret findings shopper insight into local context/activity and identify trends, provide inputs to category managers to identify new opportunities.
- Identify opportunities and develop a business plan by distributor aligning with company sales plan/strategy
- Monitor customers for the achievement of target and maintenance of agreed ROI and suggest alternatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the area
- Understand the POP vision by channel and evaluate the quality of implantation and suggest/drive corrective action.
- Analyze category/brand / SKU performance and prepare customer-specific sales to plan to achieve brand objectives.
- Monitor implementation of channel-specific activities and report performance. Take initiative for improving efficacy.
- Make recommendations to improve availability, visibility (initiatives at distributor end)
- Roll out and monitor visibility improvement initiatives.
- Manage resources such as Distributors, distributor managers, Sales representatives and 3P’s (Merchandising)
Leadership & Team Management
- Motivate and leads the team and activates relevant network to assist in the achievement of objectives. Ensures implementation of appropriate company guidelines.
- Develop and train your team, distributor operation managers, and distributor sales representatives.
- Identify opportunities and develop a business plan by distributor each year
- Help team identify resources and infrastructure gaps and correct them by monitoring the implementation of a business plan, volume, value, growth, infrastructure, and resources.
- Recommend capability development initiatives through coaching, sharing best practices.
- Review teams target against performance aligning with Regional Sales Manager
- Identify, plan and implement actions to assist in performance improvement of the team through coaching, guidance, delegation, the recommendation to training, projects, etc.
- CD Director, CD Excellence & Ops, CD Leadership Team, Assigned Territory Manager(s), CD Business Partners (HR, Finance, Supply Chain), CD Capability Manager.
- Key Distributor & Team
- 3rd Party consultants, Agencies.
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales. FMCG experience is desirable
- University Graduate (Postgraduate qualification is Optional)
- Organizational awareness – Understand Unilever tools and best practices
- Experienced Leading teams
- Experience working in cross-functional teams within a matrix environment both F2F and virtually.
- IT skills, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team Building & Alignment
- Collaborative – works with CD leadership Teams, HR Business Partners, and other key stakeholders
- Organized – Anticipates needs and issues
- Talent building – spot and nurture talent
- Efficient – Resource Management and Project Planning
- Professional skills in learning & Program management (learning)
- Change management
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Coaching, Teaching and Training abilities
- Leadership Capabilities
Should be an inspirational leader, able to engage and motivate others, and lead by example. Should meet expectations on the Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to the WL of this job.
The key Unilever standards of leadership (SOLs) which are important for the job:
- Talent Catalyst
- Business Acumen
- Passion for growth
- Consumer Love
- Purpose & Service
- Personal Mastery
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 31st March 2022