JOB DESCRIPTION – Technical Advisor (Sustainable Cocoa Initiative Program ) at GIZ Ghana:
The program is supporting the EU in implementing the Sustainable Cocoa Initiative. The objective of sustainable cocoa production shall be reached through measures on living income, reduction of child labor, reduction of deforestation, and the support for reaching compliance with the EU regulations on the respective issues.
Scope of the Role
- The Technical Advisor is responsible for technical inputs and follow-up on all aspects of the Cocoa Supply Chain.
- He will be dedicated to improving all aspects of the cocoa supply chain which strengthen traceability, eliminate child labor and environmental abuses, help all actors to comply with new diligence regulations from the EU and German sides.
- The advisor will seek cooperation with state actors, donors, NGOs, and the private sector.
- She/he will contribute to monitoring and evaluation, report writing, guidance for consultants, PR, and any cross-cutting issues needed. Only dedicated team workers, please
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of program plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint program activities, and work at the regional level.
- Responsible for the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars, and other events on issues connected with the program’s area of activity.
- Support cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organizations, private sector, non-governmental agencies, and individuals in the program environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories, and best practice examples.
- Prepare appropriate input for various program reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the HOU, the program manager, and GIZ Head Office.
- Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at the local level in consultation with the manager and cooperation with the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects.
- Handle other tasks on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience – Technical Advisor at GIZ Ghana
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/program objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA)
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Diligent, goal-oriented, open-minded and innovative, team player, and ability to perform tasks without supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English; working knowledge of German is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment are assets.
- Strong managerial, organizational, and social competence
- Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
HOW TO APPLY – Technical Advisor (Sustainable Cocoa Initiative Program ) at GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com under the Job Code 2022/SCIP/01/01.
Closing Date: 26 January 2022
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider the application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.