Company: mothers2mothers (m2m)
State: Jobs in Accra
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate pediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains employ and help empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centers and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centered support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its program to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer – Accra
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for the recording and reconciliation of all financial transactional data of the Country Office including reviewing and coding financial information; preparing and processing documents to disburse funds, making deposits; compiling and reviewing information for accuracy; maintaining records and HR process support.
Working closely with the Ghana team to support project activates. Reports to the Technical Specialist.
Key Performance Areas:
Purchasing and Navigator Processing
- Enter all invoices into the Accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders
- Coordinate and manage the process to set up new suppliers in the accounting system and dealing with supplier queries regarding payments
- Maintain and update supplier information and do relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks
- Ensure that direct debits payments are checked to supporting documentation and correctly recorded in the accounting system
- To ensure monthly payment reports are produced for the cash flow analysis
- Maintain an updated list of preferred vendors for the office
- Managing staff and vendor accounts
- Process travel requisitions and related staff advances
- Enter staff expenses into the accounting system (Reimbursements and/or advance liquidations)
- Timely payments to suppliers, payments done within 30 days of receipt of invoice
- Run the creditor report at month-end
- Conducting providing a rigorous review of Country Office and Site staff liquidations and ensuring that there is a system in place for timely staff liquidations complete with feedback loops for review and comments
Cashbook management and Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the main operating account for submission to the Head Office Finance team
- Manage the petty cash process and balance petty cash monthly
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of payables, payroll, accruals, and prepayment control accounts
- Ensure that internal bank transfers are correctly managed
- Follow up on reconciling items above and pass correcting entries where necessary
- Month-end and year-end close activities, budgeting & reporting
- Liaise with Head Office finance and support services unit to close the month-end in time and conduct relevant reconciliations
- Preparation of the operational budget in conjunction with the Head Office team. Review of budgets for the office on Navigator and Adaptive systems.
Administration Support, HR, and Asset management
- Conduct capacity building activities for site staff to build their capacity for carrying out basic admin tasks at the Site level including Leave Management, Inventories, etc
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets from the team (site and office staff)
- Ensure timely submission of all statutory deductions for Ghana
- Provide logistics support to the program staff on training/workshops
- Support administrative assistant to manage and implement a robust filing system for the Country Program for all documentation
Supportive Project Management
- Support for Implementation of and oversight of in-country Finance, Procurement, Travel, and Vehicle policies
- Support with the retrieval of financial data during audits
- Support proposal development budgets and narratives as needed
- Conduct monthly supportive supervision site visits to ensure that MMs have the support needed to effectively manage Finance and admin tasks related to their work
Qualification Required & Experience
- Recognized Accounting/Business degree
- CPA qualification is required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Programme Financial Leadership and leading complex health portfolios
- Experience in designing, establishing, and managing Finance and Administration support systems for ensuring Program Finance quality
Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure, with a high level of integrity, professionalism, and transparency, Analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high-level output consistently
Coaching and mentoring skills coupled with the ability to stimulate teams to support them to develop in key areas to ensure that performance is optimized and their ability to fulfill their roles is maximized
Passion, drive, and originality in the workplace and the ability to contribute innovative ideas, handle risks and make recommendations in Financial Management to ensure programs are at the forefront of the latest thinking and approaches in program work.
Solid organizational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail, tenacity, and the ability to work well and productively under pressure to manage multiple Finance tasks and meet deadlines
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present Finance data to diverse audiences (externally and internally)
Skills in monitoring project burn rates closely with the project teams to ensure that spending in the projects are consistent with the budgets and are on time
Team building skills and the ability to problem-solve difficult issues, multitask with ease, and adapt to changing priorities coupled with excellent facilitation and
Strong project financial management skills, coupled with deadline management and a high sense of responsibility and accountability in addition to the ability to effectively multi-task.
Proficiency and in-depth experience and knowledge in the design, preparation, implementation and management of multi-year Program Budgets in Health/RMNCH/HIV/AIDS, ECD and Child Protection/ Livelihoods and Economic Strengthening complete with Budget Narratives
Demonstrated ability to prepare for and support/lead Country-level Finance Resource Review meetings
In-depth experience in reviewing proposal budgets and facilitating training in proposal budget development and grant writing
Demonstrated ability to build the capacity of Country Office and Site staff in Finance and Administration core skills needed to be effective
Detailed-oriented individual with an eye for details and demonstrated written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills in English.
Excellent knowledge of Finance systems development, best practices, and innovations
Demonstrated strength in enhancing Finance and Administration systems and structures in line with the changing program implementation landscapes for quality outcomes
Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
Dynamic, innovative, results and action-oriented leader with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and experience managing human resources
Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
High ability to work independently with minimal supervision and sound decision-making.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 17 December 2021
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.