Process Plant Operator Needed at Kinross Gold Mine
Chirano Gold Mine is an underground and open-pit gold mine in the Western Region of Ghana, within the Bibiani gold belt. It is 90% owned by Toronto-based Kinross Gold Corporation. Chirano Gold Mine is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated, and resourceful person to fi hill the position of a Process Plant Operator.
Job Profile – Process Plant Operator
Monitor and operate Process Plant equipment and ensure all machinery used in the discharge of duties are carried out in an environmentally responsible and safe manner and, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures to achieve production targets.
Location and Reporting Line: The position is based in Chirano, Western Region- of Ghana. S/He reports to the Process Plant Shift Supervisor/ Lead Operator.
- Responsible for the safe operation and control of all plant equipment while ensuring
environmental compliance is maintained.
- Observe gauges, dials, switches, alarms, and other indicators to ensure optimum
performance and availability of the Plant.
- Monitor and conduct inspections on process plant equipment to ensure its correct operation and performance.
- Work with the metallurgical and maintenance team to ensure the optimum performance of the process plant.
- Maintain a record of everyday readings for all compressors and processing equipment and
ensure an optimal level of production.
- Responsible for proper operation of all plant equipment, including starting and stopping
turbines, monitoring alarms, responding to trips and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Performs minor plant maintenance, operates plant vehicles, forklifts, etc.
- Perform housekeeping – maintain a clean and safe working area.
- Maintain communications with the Control room operator, all other operators in the Processing Plant, Supervisors, and the Maintenance crew.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies
- Minimum of WASSCE or SSSCE certificate in Science or similar combination of
- Minimum of 3 years of operating experience in a Mining Process Plant or a similar environment.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in
relation to plant operations.
- Ability to conduct shift handover, detailing all relevant information correctly in the log books
- Understanding of Mining Health & Safety Procedures
- Competency in Sectional Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skill
- The ability to operate a Forklift will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for Process Plant Operator at Kinross Gold Mine
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to
Chiranohr.firstname.lastname@example.org with Process Plant Operator indicated in the subject line
The deadline for submission of the application is 30th June 2022.