Latest CAMFED Job Opportunity Available
CAMFED (Campaign for Female Education) is an international non-profit organisation tackling poverty and inequality by supporting girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change. However, Over the next five years, we have set the audacious goal of supporting five million girls in rural sub-Saharan Africa to learn and thrive in school, and to create the future they imagine – for themselves, for their communities, and for Africa.
We place great importance on a responsible approach to risk management and mitigation. The post-holder will have a major role in ensuring that the organisational risk map outline in country risk registers is kept under constant review and amended to reflect any changes in organisational priorities and adapt to new emerging risks.
Specific Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The is role is responsible for identifying and mitigating organisational risks and providing compliance oversight to ensure that we follow our procedures and policies and that incidents of non-compliance are thoroughly investigated and reported on.
The specific accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
Internal audit framework –
- To begin with, Assist in development of CAMFED’s annual audit plan
- Then, Assess risks defined in the national offices’ risk registers and new emerging ones
- Also, Develop appropriate plans to investigate and / or mitigate the identified risks
- In addition, Plan and carry out internal audit assignments, develop reports and engage country management teams in reviewing and validating audit findings
- Afterwards, Ensuring audit finding actions are implemented
- Finally, Liaise with CAMFED’s out-sourced internal auditors to deliver the internal audit agenda
Investigations, risk and compliance framework –
- Firstly, Conduct and oversee time-sensitive, complex investigations of irregularities, fraud, corruption, and/or other violations by analyzing and synthesizing fact patterns on the progress of projects.
- Also, Help maintain leading anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigative policies and practices. Keep abreast of sector legal developments relevant to anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigation activities.
- More so, Support the development of reports and other materials to communicate the results of investigations, including control deficiencies or weaknesses, fraud matters, root causes, and recommendations, to stakeholders and different audiences, including external funders.
- Afterwards, Support the development of various communications for different stakeholders, situations, and uses to contribute to the collective understanding of anti-fraud/anti-bribery / corruption and investigative trends, risks, issues, and solutions.
- In addition, Work closely with operational, technical and other departments / offices to understand and identify existing and emerging fraud/bribery/corruption risk issues, and promote solutions to manage the risks.
- Lastly, Liaise with CAMFED’s out-sourced forensic investigators to ensure that we investigate complex and sensitive irregularities
The job holder should among other things be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Uphold CAMFED’s values, beliefs and commitments
- Demonstrate resilient leadership and the ability to inspire confidence and exemplify high standards of conduct, being dynamic, positive and robust.
- Exercise sound judgement in identifying weaknesses in the organisation’s control environment and a balanced view on how significant these are.
- Give clear, professional, objective opinions and advice.
- Report on what is found, independently without fear or favour.
- Demonstrate integrity to staff and others in the organisation
- Work positively and constructively, influencing the leadership teams and others to ensure and implement the IA recommendations.
- Adopt an objective and flexible style, being able to collaborate and be pragmatic, and challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to develop and manage strong and complex relationships across countries as part of a centralized function and externally with multiple stakeholders.
- Work effectively with the leadership team and audit committees, showing political awareness and sensitivity.
- Be seen to be objective and independent but also pragmatic where appropriate
- Strong analytical and exceptional organizational skills are needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases
Qualification Required & Experience
We prefer the following experiences:
- Significant proven track record within a fast-paced of Investigations, Risk and Compliance environment.
- At least 7 years experience of working at the senior management level in a similar role.
- Professional qualifications in Internal Audit and Investigations as well as being a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
- Proven track record within an Internal Audit/Risk and Compliance function, with demonstratable ability to lead internal audit reviews and investigations into fraud/bribery/corruption and other misconduct.
- Ability to work accurately with minimal supervision, manage multiple and shifting priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
How To Apply for CAMFED Job Opportunity
Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining the reasons why you have applied for the role, and reference ‘Senior Manager, Investigations, Risk & Compliance’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 03 May 2022
Please note, that only applications with a cover letter will be considered.