- Here is the latest Job Opportunity At National Identification Authority (NIA). The institution is looking to hire an Actuarial Analyst.
Objective Of The Position:
To provide strategic leadership for the development of policies for strategic planning, implementation and reviewing of projects of the NIA and maintenance of the National Identity Register (NIR) for the provision of accurate and reliable data on all citizens and non-citizens legally resident in Ghana.
Please 🙏 share this opportunity 😚 to reach the needy🥰
Duties And Responsibilities:
The Actuarial Analyst shall:
- Analyze the registration data of the 292 Regional and District Registration Offices as well as the Premium Centers.
- Advise on establishment of appropriate operational system to ensure compliance of statutory regulations, Corporate Policies and Standards for quality services delivery.
- Receive all data request letters approved by the Executive Secretary. Analyze the request and retrieve the respective data for onward submission to the interested parties or persons.
- Undertake annual review of the exiting Fees and Charges and advise management.
- Perform periodic data checks to identify deviations in the NIR and report on them for investigations and onward correction in the database.
- Assist the IT team in creating a robust website to be used for;
- developing data collection systems for monitoring and evaluation of registration system.
- Projecting the image of NIA.
- creating awareness.
- periodically publishing state institutions which utilize data generated by the Authority.
- displaying analysis on data captured in the NIR.
- creating an online platform for data requests and or other requests.
- Assist in the regular monitoring and update of inventory or stock taking of all assets. Monitoring of Assets codes on weekly basis to ensure that appropriate asset codes are being generated from the existing Assets Register Dashboard/Template for the coding of all new assets. k. Analyze Monthly Reports from the Store’s Inventory Template for:
- Monitoring of expenses incurred from procuring assets or equipment for various programmes and general operations of the Authority.
- Updating of the Assets Register.
- Forecasting future expenses of the Authority for preparation of Annual Budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of future strategic plans for the Authority to improve standard service delivery.
- Assist Finance Department in the monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations on all paid services. o. Any Other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Qualification And Experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable working experience in a Public Service Organization or in a reputable Private Sector Organization post Master’s Degree of which at least six (6) years must have been in Senior Management (Principal Officer) position.
- Strong background in mathematics
- Attention to details
- Ability to analyze data and solve problems
- Ability to interpret trends and relationships between data sets
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills to produce reports and summaries of data analysis that non-specialists can understand
- An aptitude for collaborative working.
- Experience with spreadsheets and databases
- General understanding of computers and electronics
- Good understanding of the Identification system
- Excellent leadership skills
- A high sense of integrity and maturity
- Decision making skills
- Performance management skills
- Must be innovative and reform oriented.
- Extensive networking skills;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ethical Leadership
- Fluent written and spoken English,
Applicants must have knowledge of the following:
- National Identification Act, (Act 707)
- Citizenship Act, 2000 (Act 591)
- Electronic Transaction Act,2008 (772)
- National Identity Register Act, 2008, (Act 750)
- Data Protection Act, 2012 (Act 843)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Act 2017, (Act 950)
- Citizenship Regulations, 2001 (LI 1690)
- National Identity Register Regulations 2012 (LI 2111)
- National Identity Register (Amendment) Regulation 2018, (LI 2356)
REMUNERATION: Salary and other conditions of service as applicable in the Public Service.
National Identification Authority Job Announcement – How to Submit An Application
Applications should be submitted with the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified true copies of academic and professional certificates
- The addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone number(s) and e-mail(s).
- A minimum of four (4) page vision statement (in 1.5 line spacing in 12 font size) and plan for the Unit.
- The applications, together with the above-listed documents, should be forwarded not later than Monday 28th November 2022 to:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX M680
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.