General Electric New Job Opportunity
Play a critical role in the development & evolution of emerging technologies within the Gas Power Security & Risk space. The primary focus areas of the role will be leading the development of Gas Power’s Information Rights Management (IRM) platform, as well as becoming a lead analyst focused on identifying Insider risk for exiting employees
Lead the technical development of Gas Power’s Information Rights Management (IRM) program which will accelerate the adoption of the tool across high-risk applications and improve the security posture of GE Intellectual Property. The candidate will have to work closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to identify & build requirements, complete development activities, & implement a testing plan & execution of IRM SDK integrations.
In addition to the IRM scope, you will also be responsible for triaging & analyzing high-risk intellectual property events within Gas Power’s UEBA platform. The candidate will own wing-to-wing triage + escalation process for events concerning inappropriate handling of GE Information. The candidate will also build & own new capability within the UEBA platform which will enable the Insider Threat team to process exiting users. This includes getting buy-in from project stakeholders, establishing an approved process flow, and making necessary changes to the UEBA platform to support these activities.
- Firstly, Provide leadership, project management and facilitation between application / business teams and service providers.
- Secondly, Deep understanding of security & risk space with expertise primarily in DLP tools & technologies, as well as Insider threat techniques, tactics, etc.
- Thirdly, Strong technical ability with deep expertise in both Python & Java (VBScript recommended)
- Then, Experience with cloud service platforms and fundamentals (AWS, Azure, VPC)
- Also, Experience with web servers and associated middleware (Apigee, Boomi) recommended
- Moreover, Strong analytical capability to identify Intellectual Property Risks within Gas Power environment
- Furthermore, the ability to work well in a team environment and promotes a culture of transparency & openness
- More so, the Ability to think strategically and innovate to improve new or existing processes
- In addition, the ability to connect the dots across domains and develop cross-domain security solutions
- Thereafter, Work on cross-functional projects and teams to deliver and enhance security solutions for the business.
- Besides that, Ownership of end-to-end project plans for integrating IRM into GE Restricted applications – gather requirements, build a plan, gain alignment, set project milestones, hold project meetings for status updates, etc.
- Afterward, Lead and manage programs, assigned tasks, and deliver on commitments.
- Last but not least, Strong written and oral communication and the ability to create clear and comprehensive documentation for new or existing procedures
- Finally, Communicate and present to executive leadership.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT project management experience. Security, Identity, and Compliance experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT application development and/or infrastructure experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with MS Office product suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written / verbal communication (English), leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Capability to self-manage assigned tasks to completion.
- Strong experience programming, developing, and customizing solutions leveraging Python & Java and/or scripting automation for IRM technology (RPA)
- Strong knowledge of security concepts and technologies
- Minimum of 3 years of IT project management experience in Security or Compliance.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve them.
Please Note: If being hired to a United States location- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Closing Date: 15th July. 2022