The Encyclopaedia Africana Project invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill a vacant position at the Project Secretariat in Accra
The Position: SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER/EDITOR
Job Description – Encyclopaedia Africana Project job application in Ghana 2021
The Senior Research Officer/Editor will be responsible for providing a high level of research and editing support to the Research and Proposal Development teams by undertaking duties related to a variety of projects with a strong focus on producing high-quality articles and data collation for publication both online and in print.
Job Responsibilities – Encyclopaedia Africana Project job applications in Ghana 2021
- Deliver on particular work strands relating to specific projects including writing and editing of articles for content and publication.
- Plan the content for publications according to the Project’s publication style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements,
- Exercise editorial quality control measures on articles submitted for publication,
- Work closely with others as part of a team and with external stakeholders to assemble, edit, manage relationships and deliver work on deadlines;
- As assigned, will serve as a primary proposal writer, use writing skills to transform technical content and conceptual design into polished proposals that are responsive to donor guidelines,
- Prepares progress reports against annual work plans and recommend changes to activities as appropriate to achieve programme objectives;
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Master’s degree in Humanities, English, Publishing Studies, Communication Studies, or other related fields from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of 5 years continuous or combined experience in research and publishing.
- An understanding of publishing production is required.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write clear and concise reports.
Mode of Application
Interested persons can apply by following either of the below listed means
- All application letters should be addressed to;
The Ag. Director Encyclopaedia Africana Project
P. O. Box 2797
- Together with a detailed CV. copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) Referees should be submitted strictly via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date
Acceptance of application will be closed by the close of work on Monday, 19th November. 2021.