The Design & Technology Institute (DTI) is a revolutionary social corporation, whose aim is to become the most suitable TVET institution throughout West Africa, changing youth livelihoods and ambitions.
DTI provides top-notch employment-orientated technical and vocational education and skills training.
It is an ambitious institution looking forward to hiring motivated, goal-oriented, and hardworking experts to bring forth its mission of affecting positively the future of Africa’s youth in the position:
Job Description – Design & Technology Institute Latest Job Opening
POSITION: ASSISTANT HEAD OF INSTITUTE
REPORTING TO: THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF DTI
To make certain the Institute develops and offers top-notch education and training skills for all of its’ students with constant development in student achievement through good leadership and management of the Institute and its activities. To create a good working relationship with all stakeholders in line with the overall objectives and expectations of the Board of Directors.
At this current stage in the development of the Institute, its present-day priorities are:
- The development and the entire established order of the Institute and all its guidelines.
- Increasing student enrollment as projected in its feasibility
- Coming up with clear stipulated duties for all employees
- Aligning the Institute with the achievement standards as a revolutionary social organization for remodelling young people’s livelihoods.
You will be responsible for managing the following functions:
- Student Recruitment and Welfare
- Curriculum Development
- Academic Affairs
- Industry Relations
- Offer inspiring and functional leadership for the workforce and students and keep the Institute’s mission and vision, values, and philosophy.
- Develop and maintain an outstanding good recognition for the Institute that is confirmed by external accreditation, student achievements, and awards.
- Develop a school culture that promotes dynamism and collective respect.
- Ensure that all institute policies, techniques, and structures are up to date and meet the stipulated purpose.
- Represent the school in the community to create more awareness, knowledge, and respect for the Institute.
- Establish accurate, reliable, and well-deliberate engagement with the faculty academic board
- Ensure that the teaching programs of the Institute fulfil its mission and are well planned to ensure efficiency and meet the needs of all students.
- Create surroundings and set expectancies that promote high-excellent teaching, powerful learning, high standards of achievement, and proper behaviour.
- Monitor and compare the quality of teaching and learning to improve student achievement, using assessment data to improve standards.
- Establish an operating relationship with the Ghana Education Service (GES), CTVET, Industries to fulfil the statutory rules set by way of CTVET.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Come up with a strong IT infrastructure that supports the delivery of the main curriculum in physical and virtual space.
- Make certain the efficiency and prioritization of IT structures for workers and student use and assure the integrity of Institute management information system data and usage.
- Improve the profile of the institute, grow inquiries, and in-take and reduce student turnover, in line with objectives set by the Board.
- Collaborate with the needed line managers to provide a yearly budget for the Institute that states all the needs of the school for the year emphasizing the key capital needs and ongoing expenditures.
- Deliver financial outcomes in line with budget Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with the support of the CFO.
- Have an oversight responsibility of the Institute’s facilities and equipment ensuring the security and safety of people, buildings, contents, and grounds.
- Good management of staffs levels to meet the needs of the curriculum and students, identifying and suggesting future recruitment needs, and the implementation of prompt and effective recruitment.
- Put in place effective systems for the management of staff performance, ensuring systems are fair and transparent and adequately address concerns and value excellence.
- Develop and check ongoing career development of self and staff and faculty.
- Collaborate well with staff and involve them in Institute’s decision-making process.
- Offer possibilities for the workforce to make a contribution to Institute’s initiatives and projects through staff committees.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Institute and report to the CEO
- Make sure Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment policies are completely implemented and followed by all workers.
- Protect the institute’s buildings and safekeeping of all assets.
Interested candidates must have the following:
- A degree in Engineering Sciences or the Humanities from a recognized educational institution
- A Master’s degree in Education Management
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in teaching and/or education Management, five (5) years of which should have been in a T-VET institution.
- A good record in Education Management of a CTVET Institution.
- Relevant experience in Industry and Fabrication Workshop activities.
Interested applicants must have the following skills:
- Proficiency in the use of ICT
- Ability to provide vocational skills development, academic and administrative leadership in a multitasking environment employing organizationally sound decision making
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community.
- Ability to generate creative solutions and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Strong Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Passionate and with an optimistic outlook.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must demonstrate Emotional Competence
- Must adapt easily
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Before Friday 8th April 2022. All applicants should state clearly the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.