SEKBI is a global lifestyle brand that celebrates the African heritage through its timeless and conscious collections, strongly inspired by the Bogolan .
SEKBI offers high-quality and exclusive luxury pieces with sustainability and authenticity at its core.
Job Description – current job vacancy at SEKBI
- The first luxury sustainable Panafricain Fashion brand with a signature print is looking for an experienced bilingual or fluent in French Managing Director to lead the structure into its next phase of expansion.
- The mission will consist in managing and operating on the three SEKBI’s core businesses across different territories:
- You will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
- To thrive as a MD you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business and entrepreneurial mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. They will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective.
- The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
Core Responsibilities – current job vacancy
- To lead the development of SEKBI LTD’s business (turnover, market share and profitability), organization, employees and image in a given Country.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Drive growth and be accountable for overall performance and results
- Define the SEKBI LTD’s strategy in the Country: develop and maximize the Group’s brand portfolio in collaboration with the Divisions (SEKBI Bogolan, Private Label & Tailor Made); communicate mission and energize employees towards common goals
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Federate and manage individual members of the Management Committee to achieve targeted results in terms of sales growth, market shares, profitability, cash flow and employee development; arbitrate the allocation of resources and coordinate Divisional strategies to ensure overall Country performance
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Build an efficient and professional organization, especially in terms of support services to the Divisions, managing change and organization development and ensuring a positive working environment
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the SEKBI LTD’s legality and business ethics and ensure the security of business (products, protection of employees and assets)
- Build the SEKBI’s internal and external image and reputation in the Country it operates
- Ensure the quality of the teams and the development of local talents
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
Job Qualifications and Requirements – current job vacancy
- Proven experience as MD or in other managerial position
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Broad understanding of SEKBI LTD Group and Divisional business strategies and business models
- Experienced in Sales & Marketing management techniques
- Understanding of organizational and change management approaches
- Expertise in P&L management; understanding of key financial indicators
- Expertise in negotiation and communication techniques
- Forward thinker and visionary
- Proactive and multi-tasking
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a diverse and multi cultural work environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
This is an exciting time to join our company as we continue growing into building a long lasting legacy
Be part of the SEKBI Bogolan journey!
Mode of Application
All applications and relevant documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22nd November 2021