CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience.
Designed for the world’s largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it.
The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a Principal Software Engineer. CloudBees CD/RO and DevOps Insights are products that span technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling, and much more.
Cloudbees, the leader in Continuous Delivery and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking a Java Microservices Engineer with experience in Microservices, performance engineering, databases, and Kubernetes to join our industry-leading Cloudbees Software Delivery Automation team.
The Cloudbees CD team places high value on software quality. It is expected that the person works with Quality Engineers within the team to ensure that the software is tested end to end. The ideal candidate would be someone who is interested in learning varied technologies and be a quick learner.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience developing Java applications
- Deep knowledge of Java Core / Java 8
- Solid experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Experience developing backend components, services, or APIs in Java or a similar language.
- Strong skills in writing high-performance, multi-threaded, efficient, and maintainable software code
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant microservices-based applications.
- Familiarity with HTTP, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies, and with building complex multi-tier parallel distributed systems that communicate via them (such as the backend of complex websites)
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with building, maintaining, and scaling large-scale distributed systems.
- You can identify trade-offs to various implementations and can make decisions about which solution would be best for a given situation.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Knowledge and experience of working with IOC container frameworks like Spring, Springboot, and ORM technology such as Hibernate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science is highly preferred
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience using public (or private) cloud provider platforms like GCP, AWS or Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker containers.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) is a plus.
- Experience with analyzing thread safety and race conditions, parallelism, synchronization, and locking, including between threads, between machines in a cluster, and in the database, including optimistic and pessimistic locking.
- SQL, object-relational mapping (e.g. using Hibernate), and basic DBA skills in Oracle and writing transactional code
- Be part of a 2-week sprint executing on the backlog in lockstep with developers as part of an Agile team.
- Work as an independent contributor collaborating with a team of developers and test engineers
- Collaborate with product management, support, and engineering teams in order to establish priorities
- Mentoring & code reviewing for a remote team setting best practices and policies, writing specs, wiki pages, Knowledge Base articles, and other internal documentation
- Work closely with the Support team, and communicate with customer sysadmins, DBAs, and developers for troubleshooting
- Provide technology recommendations and strategies to support CloudBees product requirements
- Collaborate with product management, support, and engineering teams in order to establish priorities, understand requirements, formulate test plans and execute them accordingly.
- Ability to work with customers directly on urgent issues
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 31st March 2022