CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of the human spirit to create impact.
POSITION: Nutrition Specialist – PROSPER Project
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated, and innovative Nutrition Specialist – PROSPER Project, who will work closely with the Project Manager to keep the project and all related processes running smoothly.
The Nutrition Specialist will provide direct technical assistance to nutrition and WASH activities, focusing on implementation, quality review, attendance at training, follow-up on implementation by nutrition promoters and Cluster Leads, and competency criteria in target districts and communities. The position will require a background in nutrition with project management experience.
The PROSPER Project aligns with the Cargill-CARE global framework around She Feeds the World, and seeks to address the economic, social, and environmental challenges that underline food and nutrition security.
With focus aligned with Cargill’s core pillars of addressing farmer livelihoods, food security, and nutrition and the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2 (Zero Hunger), 4 (Quality Education), and 5 (Gender Equality).
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager to provide direct technical assistance to nutrition and WASH activities, focusing on implementation, quality review, attendance at training, and contributing to the overall successful implementation of the project.
S/He will contribute to coordinating activities, resources, equipment, and information on the key project components (financial inclusion, women empowerment, community governance, nutrition promotion, and COVID-19 response) and facilitate learning among the project team and stakeholders.
The project team and stakeholders include Project Coordinators, Technical Specialists (MEAL and WEE), District Project Officers, cluster leads, community volunteers, community development committees, and heads of community groups that will be spearheading various activities.
S/He will support the project team and stakeholders in ensuring smooth implementation of the project to achieve project objectives. This role will include but is not be limited to maintaining effective working relationships with key partners and stakeholders at regional and district levels, and representing the Project Manager at strategic meetings.
The Nutrition Specialist will be based in Wiawso and will be required to travel to all project communities in Western North Region at agreed periods.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Preparation Of Work Plans, Capacity Building Modules, Planning and Project Delivery
- Lead the implementation of nutrition and WASH activities
- Promote community and stakeholder engagement on nutrition and WASH activities
- Contribute To PROSPER Programme Development and Implementation
- Work with other specialists to ensure linkages and synergy between PROPSER Project and other projects in the Sub Office and Country Office
Required Skills or Experience
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint); Excellent spoken English
- Good report writing, and Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated/practical experience in community-level interventions in nutrition assessments, water, sanitation and hygiene(WASH) activities, community mobilizations, Social and Behaviour change (SBCC) techniques; using culturally appropriate techniques for low-literate communities.
- At least three (3) years of proven experience in implementing nutrition development programs.
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills; ability to get diverse groups of people to work effectively together with vision and purpose
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency in relevant local languages.
- Familiarity with nutrition issues in Ghana at the national and district level.
- Ability to effectively work independently and outside of conventional office environments, if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with local authorities in Ghana, especially at the district level.
- Demonstrated understanding of government protocols and ability to effectively manage cross-ministerial and department communications.
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these to stakeholders at the district level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop tools for community-level interactions
- Excellent report-writing skills
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in either Nutrition, Public Health, or a similar field
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to email@example.com “Nutrition Specialist Application” in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: The submission deadline is Thursday, 27 January 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- CARE has zero-tolerance for fraud and corruption.
- We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked for payment or experience any irregularities during this process, please report your concerns anonymously via https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100612/index.html