Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia, and Myanmar.
By at end of December 2020, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,500 staff. The group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC. In Ghana, Advans operates since 2008 and serves around 70,000 clients through 20 branches and various channels and around 650 employees.
POSITION: DATA ANALYST
Do you want to work in an international environment? Do you have a passion for financial inclusion, serving the under-served, and developing mutually beneficial business partnerships?
Then Advans Ghana has a position for you!
In joining the Internal Control team as Data Analyst, you will report on portfolio performance and analysis, support the maintenance of credit models, and data analytics to support management decisions. As well, you will utilize various analytical tools to interpret all forms of data into information to support business decisions.
What will your role be?
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Risk Officer, you will be in charge of performing delinquency analysis, monitoring the credit risk profile of the institution, and providing analysis and recommendations with the aim of improving the quality of the loan portfolio.
This means to:
- Analyze portfolio level information to identify and monitor key risk factors and develop proposed solutions.
- Perform monthly analysis using vintage curves for various segments, branches and other early warning signs.
- Utilize advanced analytical methodologies to obtain insights into portfolio performance and market opportunities.
- Develop and/or evaluate various models used for, portfolio stress testing, and other targeted analysis.
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models and support various aspects of the business with data analytics and reporting.
- Business intelligence reporting, data gathering, and forecasting of process or policy changes.
- Identify and develop reports, dashboards, and analyses needed by the risk department. Periodically perform and support the data analyst in Delinquency analysis / ensure permanent supervision of the portfolio at risk. Support and maintain credit scoring models.
- Make proposals of any change concerning the credit policy, delegation rules, derogation rules, collateral policy, rescheduling, etc.
- Make proposals to set exposure/concentration limits of the loan portfolio (by sector, type of product, segment, etc.)
- Do control of exposure/concentration limits of the loan portfolio
- Provide support to Credit Risk Analyst in periods of high activity by analyzing loans files and making recommendations to Loan Committee
- Develop new technology tools, assets, and processes to improve and optimize prevention and detection models
- Review and update credit risk control measures and/or policies.
Operational Risk Activity
Credit Risk Analysis
Provide support to Credit risk Analysts, in periods of high activity, in evaluating risks, returns, and feasibility of projects submitted to any Advans Ghana loan committee and make recommendations for improvement of credit risk assessment tools.
- Produce draft monthly management reports for review
- Support in drafting Exco/MRC/Risk committee Report
- Produce Adhoc reports for review
Required Skills or Experience
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in the quantitative field eg., Mathematics, Computer Science/IT, Engineering) or Social Sciences/Business Degree with professional qualification in IT/Big Data/programming with at least
- 3 years experience as Data/Risk Analyst/Business Intelligence. You have:
- Familiarity with operational, financial, and quality assurance procedures and regulations is a must
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, internal tools, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Does this sound like you? You might just be the new team member we are looking for!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply now: All applications must be directed to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: By December 29th, 2021 with the subject boldly indicating the job title.